CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Puppy Class

Angus had his first day at Puppy School today. It's a 6 weeks course and by the end of it Angus should be able to:
* Recall - On a long line come when called from 5-10 metres away and sit in front of me.
* Heel - Stay in a heel position alongside me with minimal guidance.
* Sit - On first command.
* Drop - On first command.
* Stay - For up to 30 seconds.
* Sit for exam - Allow another person to approach, pat and retreat without moving from the sit position.
* Retrieve - Favourite toy or more.

Today we did the 'come here' command and he was fine in class then when I tried it at home he just looked at me. I think he was over it all. We also learned to make him wait at doors to let me enter first...he did well at that.

There were 6 other dogs there including a Husky, a Labrador, a Bishon, a Maltese, a Jack Russell and a Beagle. He was so excited that he really didn't want to listen to me...very over excited. Hopefully he will calm down in future classes.

I'm looking forward to the coming weeks. I will try to get a photo somewhere along the way to show you his class mates.

0 comments: